Check your idea:
- Do you want to use your web service yourself? Will it make you happy?
- How many people do you need to start? Best answer is – 1. Good is – 2 or 3. If you need more than 3 people to get started – try do invent something else.
- How much time will it take to run first version? Good answer is – a week. Acceptable answer is – within a month.
- Will it be viral?
- Will your project be loyal to humanity? People follow their instincts – and the basic one is: the population you belong to should survive no matter how. If you create an app that will steal a dollar from your neighbour, even if it will be absolutely legal according to the law – people will find the way to stop you.
Ok, you have your brilliant idea how to create cool and awesome website and become rich, here is a list of questions you need to ask yourself before you order web development:
- First and the most annoying: who and how will fill your website with content? You need to plan your time if you want to do it yourself or you need to hire someone.
- How will you measure you website success? Sure, you can count visitors, but it will be much better if you will find the way to measure profit. Money is the best ruler.
- What is your monthly budget? Lots of people stop investment right after they run first version: but at least you need to add some content to your website on regular base. Yes, you can involve your visitors in this process, but you should work yourself too. The easiest way is to add content (like this article), but it will be better to add new features or tools (like our background generator). If you won’t make any changes – people will be bored soon and they will stop using your website.
- How will you promote your website? Possible answers: “I’ll order advertisement”, “I’ll create good unique content and make people to share it”, “I’ll involve target group into communication using my web services”. Use you creativity, find you own answer.
- Who is your
daddyclient? Write down detailed description: age, profession, education, does he live in the city or in a village, and so on. Use as many detail as possible: what is his name? does he love cats? what is the color of his eyes?